What Residents are SayingJanuary 8th, 2010 | Posted by in News
There is nothing better than relaxing in your Adirondack chair, having easy conversation with your spouse and watching your children run free on the beach with their cottage friends. We love Sunset Dunes for so many reasons:
- The view is incomparable. It is such a visual treat to see the majestic Confederation Bridge standing just beyond the sparkling waters of P.E.I.’s south shore.
- The grounds are beautifully manicured and well designed. We love the little details like antique street lights that line the paved street along our summer homes, the wooden boardwalks to the beach and the fuchsia beach roses that grow brightly at the community entrance.
- Our neighbours, both local and from away, are great people. It is a friendly, down to earth atmosphere here.
- Finally, we love the freedom that our children enjoy here at Sunset Dunes. They can ride their bikes in safety; they can venture into the warm, calm waters of the Northumberland Strait; and they can play freely in our community without the every day worries that we encounter living inner city the rest of the year.
Ultimately, our summers here have given our family ‘storybook’ memories that will last a lifetime.
– Summer residents of Sunset Dunes
“When I drive into the Sunset Dunes subdivision, I feel like I’ve left the frenzy of the outside world behind and have entered a new world…..a place of peace and calm and beauty.” “The sunsets are beyond compare… the rays brightly glimmering on the water, lowering behind the bridge. Once just has to stop and stare with such beauty to reflect on”.
“It really feels like you’ve ‘come home’!”
– Maureen Murray, Bermuda
“As year round residents, of Sunset Dunes, we feel that we found the perfect spot to live on the Island. It provides us with easy access to Summerside or Charlottetown and rural living with amazing scenery. We never get tired of looking at the dunes, the water or the bridge, and every night we check out the sunset directly in front of our house. Unlike other Oceanside properties, we have year round residents around us and a paved road that is maintained year round. The new street lighting has made it nice to go for evening strolls down the private street, or on the boardwalk to the beach. We find the beach is fantastic as it is one of the cleanest, the water is much warmer than the north shore, and we love walking there especially at low tide. It’s nice to sit on the front porch and watch the ducks land in the water, the blue herons fish and listen to the sea gulls. We certainly have enjoyed our first year in Sunset Dunes and highly recommend it to anyone looking for peace, quiet, beautiful scenery yet close to amenities.”
– Bob and Eva Phanenhour (Retired from Ottawa area)
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.