Our private beach at Sunset Dunes offers miles of quiet sandy beach, providing safe and shallow swimming conditions suitable for all ages. The riverfront access offers a fantastic location for canoeing and kayaking. P.E.I.’s South Shore is known for its protected waters and stable weather and from Sunset Dunes you are only minutes to some of the Island’s most scenic backroad drives, excellent fishing and fantastic golfing.
To view an extensive list of things to do on Prince Edward Island, including a golf guide, a list of beaches, restaurants, scenic drives and upcoming festivals, see the Tourism PEI website.
Within 5 minutes
5 Minutes to Borden-Carleton’s Gateway Village, located at the foot of the Confederation Bridge. Visitors can enjoy the 3-acre park and playground area, as well as one of the Island’s most unique shopping experiences. Here you will find the world famous Paderno Pots and Pans Factory outlet, the Original P.E.I. Dirt Shirt Outlet store, visit the P.E.I. Emporium and see the largest collection of Made on P.E.I. products you will find under one roof. As you walk along the strip you will also find:
- The Prince Edward Island Emporium
- Cavendish Figurines
- The Official Island Store
- Tourist Information Centre
- P.E.I. Liquor Store
- Paderno Factory Outlet
- Island Beach Company
- How Bazaar
- Island Denim Shop
- Coastal Culture
- PEI Dirt Shirt’s
- Island Petwear
- Century 21 Real Estate
Dining is available at the Gateway Restaurant and Gateway Lobster Shop or Subway.
Within 10 Minutes
- Landmark Restaurant – Award winning Seafood and steak. Fine foods and a casual atmosphere.
- Morning Star Fisheries – Fresh cooked and live lobster available year round
- Abigails – Traditional Country Crafts and Gifts. The charm and simplicity of another time
- Island Chocolates – Great handmade Belgian chocolates. Books, gifts and our own special blends of coffee and tea. Enjoy cakes, cappuccino on the deck. Hands-on workshops
- Mrs. Profitt’s Tea Room
Within 15 Minutes
- Silver Fox Country Club and Marina
- The College of Piping and Celtic Performing Arts of Canada -This is the only year round celtic college of its kind in North America. Come to the ceilidhs, mini-concerts and tours. Gift shop on site.
- Harbourfront Jubilee Theatre – Home to “Maritime Star” Don Messer’s Violin” and other renowned touring artists. Also home to the PEI Sports Hall of Fame.
- The County Fair Mall
- Summerside Lobster Carnival every July
- Summerside Raceway – Harness Racing, Home of the Prestigious Governor’s Plate.
- Summerside Golf and Country Club
Within 20 Minutes
- 6 Golf Courses including: The Eagles Glenn, Green Gables, Glasgow Hills Resort, all world-class courses
- Prince Edward Island National Park and Cavendish Beach well known as one of Canada’s Best Beaches!
- Green Gables, home of the Anne of Green Gables museum
- Numerous Fantastic Restaurants
- Attractions like Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Rainbow Valley and the Sandspit
- Some of the most beautiful scenery in Canada
Within 30 Minutes
- The Belvedere Golf and Country Club and Fox Meadows Golf Courses
- The Confederation Centre of the Arts, home of Anne of Green Gables and other main stage musicals and theatre productions
- Some of the best Restaurants in Atlantic Canada including;
- The Gahan House, Claddagh Room, and Piece A Cake
- Founder’s Hall and Historic Great George Street.
- Shopping: 2 Malls and Hundreds of stores including: Wal-Mart, Futureshop, Canadian Tire, GNC, Stitches
- Charlottetown Yacht Club
- Peakes Marina